SIA Front Line License
The Door Supervisor training course is an enjoyable learning experience for anyone wanting to begin a career as a Door Supervisor in the UK. This six-day course is loaded with essential knowledge and skills you will need to have to be able to successfully apply for your SIA Licence and start working in the growing and booming security industry.
What will I learn on the course?
The course runs over 6 consecutive days and is divided into 4 units and covers everything from the legal aspects of working in security to the latest physical intervention techniques. New SIA Course Update (April 2021) From April 1st this course will become a six-day course instead of a 4-day course. In addition, you must have a first aid qualification before you can take the training. This should be an Emergency First Aid at work certificate or higher.
Our expert instructors will guide you through the course materials and also, give you the confidence you need to pass and start a career in the security industry.
Unit 1: Common Security Industy Knowledge Module
Upon completion of the course, you will have learned about several key topics, such as:
- The Main Features of the Private Security Industry.
- Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry.
- Health & Safety for the Private Security Operative.
- Fire Safety Awareness.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Communication Skills and also Customer Care
Unit 2: Door Supervisor Training Module
Standard security procedures, for example:
- Behavioural Standards.
- Civil and Criminal Law.
- Drugs Awareness.
- Recording Incidents in addition to Crime Preservation.
- Licensing Law.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Dealing with Vulnerable People.
- Dealing with Crowds and Queues
Unit 3: Conflict Managment Module
Covering areas such as:
- Avoiding Conflict as well as Reducing Personal Risk.
- Defusing Conflict.
- Learning from and Resolving Conflicts.
- Application of Communication Skills and also Conflict Management for Door Supervisors.
Unit 4: Physical Intervention Module
How to diffuse situations, for instance:
- Introduction to Physical Skills.
- Disengagement Techniques.
- Escorting Techniques.
- Legal and also Professional Implications.
On the final day of the course, there will be three multiple choice exams and a practical assessment.
We understand that examinations can be a daunting prospect, but we assure you there is no need to worry. Everything you need to know for the exam is covered in the Door Supervisor course, and your expert instructor will adequately prepare you for success in the tests.