Upskill Training Course Structure
There are two units for this refresher course – a safety awareness workshop and a physical intervention module. This module is mandatory for the current door supervision qualification, effective from 1 January 2015.
Core Modules for the Qualification:
Unit 1: Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
- Understand counterterrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
- Learn the roles of a door supervisor if a first-aid situation occurs on-site.
- Know the requirements and legislation relevant to a door supervisor in regard to children and young people.
- Understand how door supervisors help with keeping vulnerable people safe.
- Understand queue management as well as venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.
Unit 2: Physical Intervention Skills in the Private Security Sector
- Understand physical intervention as well as implications of it's uses.
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when using physical intervention skills.
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself as well as others.
- Be able to implement non-pain related standing, escorting, and also holding techniques with restrictive and non-restrictive skills.
- Understand useful practices after a physical intervention has been made.
This training program follows the conditions for delivery and assessment as listed in the SIA’s “Introduction to Learning Leading Towards Licence-linked Qualifications".
The Safety Awareness unit is assessed by multiple-choice question paper.