Upskill Training Course Structure
There are two units for this refresher course – a safety awareness workshop and a physical intervention module. This module is mandatory for the current door supervision qualification, effective from 1 January 2015.
Core Modules for the Qualification:
Unit 1: Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
- Understand counterterrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
- Know the role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises.
- Know legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor.
- Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
- Understand queue management as well as venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.
Unit 2: Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
- Understand physical interventions and also the implications of their use.
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when using physical intervention skills.
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself as well as others.
- Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding, and also escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills.
- Understand good practices to follow after physical interventions.
This training program follows the conditions for delivery and assessment as listed in the SIA’s “Introduction to Learning Leading Towards Licence-linked Qualifications".
The Safety Awareness unit is assessed by multiple-choice question paper.